Our ad-free recipe videos combine directions, ingredients and even information about cookware and matching wines – all in the one, intuitive interface. No more hunting through recipe blogs looking for the information you need, it’s all in the video!
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new recipe video format in the comments section below! If you used this video to make Miniature Empanadas, please tell us how it went!
Is there a recipe video you’d like to see in this format? Leave a comment for us below and we’ll make it for you!
½ medium onion, finely chopped
1 or 2 carrots, finely chopped
1 cup frozen or fresh peas
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 sheets pre-made pie crust, thawed and ready to use
All-purpose flour, for dusting
1 egg, for egg wash
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium skillet, sauté the onions and carrots in the olive oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add the ground beef, cumin, garlic powder and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is browned, then add the peas and heat until warmed through. Set aside and let cool.
3. Roll out the pie crust to ¼ inch thick, using flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cut out rounds using the rim of a glass with a 4-inch diameter. Place a heaping tablespoon of the beef filling on each round, leaving a ½-inch border around the filling. Fold the round in half, creating a half moon, and seal the open edge by pressing it with the tines of a fork.
4. Whisk the egg with a splash of cold water until pale yellow.
5. Place the empanadas on a nonstick sheet pan or a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops with the egg wash and then bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
View the original video here: PureWow – Miniature Empanadas.