Our ad-free recipe videos combine directions, ingredients and even information about cookware and matching wines – all in the one, intuitive interface. No more hunting through recipe blogs looking for the information you need, it’s all in the video!
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new recipe video format in the comments section below! If you used this video to make Ham and Cheese Green Bean Casserole, please tell us how it went!
Is there a recipe video you’d like to see in this format? Leave a comment for us below and we’ll make it for you!
Ham and Cheese Green Bean Casserole
1 container (2.8 oz) French-fried onions
6 cups water
2 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
1 cup half-and-half
4 oz cream cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Reserve 1/2 cup French-fried onions for topping.
2. In 4- to 5-quart saucepan, heat 6 cups water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add green beans. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; drain, and place green beans back into pan; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and salt; stir with whisk or fork until blended. Gradually stir in broth and half-and-half; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth, bubbly and sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese and Cheddar cheese; stir until cheeses are melted. Stir in remaining French-fried onions and the ham.
4. Pour cheese mixture over green beans; stir to coat. Spread mixture in baking dish. Top with reserved 1/2 cup French-fried onions.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
View the original video here: Betty Crocker – Ham and Cheese Green Bean Casserole.