Our ad-free recipe videos combine directions, ingredients and even information about cookware and matching wines – all in the one, intuitive interface. No more hunting through recipe blogs looking for the information you need, it’s all in the video!
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new recipe video format in the comments section below! If you used this video to make Ham and Cheddar Pierogi Bake, please tell us how it went!
Is there a recipe video you’d like to see in this format? Leave a comment for us below and we’ll make it for you!
Ham and Cheddar Pierogi Bake
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup diced onions
2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Progresso™ reduced sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
1 package (16 oz) frozen potato and Cheddar pierogies
1 tablespoon water
1 cup cubed ham (6 oz)
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just starting to soften. With whisk, stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
3. In 2-cup glass measuring cup, mix broth and milk. Gradually stir broth mixture into saucepan. Increase heat to medium-high; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; reduce heat to medium. Stir in 1 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, place frozen pierogies and water in baking dish; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on High 2 minutes; stir. Continue microwaving on High 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until thawed. Pour cheese sauce over pierogies. Top with ham and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with green onions.
View the original video here: Betty Crocker – Ham and Cheddar Pierogi Bake.