Our ad-free recipe videos combine directions, ingredients and even information about cookware and matching wines – all in the one, intuitive interface. No more hunting through recipe blogs looking for the information you need, it’s all in the video!
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new recipe video format in the comments section below! If you used this video to make Brown Butter Peach Crumble Bars, please tell us how it went!
Is there a recipe video you’d like to see in this format? Leave a comment for us below and we’ll make it for you!
Brown Butter Peach Crumble Bars
1/2 cup butter
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups frozen sliced peaches, thawed and drained, from two 10-oz bags, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons water
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang off edge; spray with cooking spray.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until butter begins to brown and smells nutty. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. Transfer to small microwavable bowl.
3. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in 1/3 cup of the flour, 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon and 1/4 cup of the browned butter. Press 1 1/4 cups of the dough mixture evenly in bottom of pan to make crust. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown and center is set; cool 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in same 2-quart saucepan, add peaches, remaining 3 tablespoons flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, the brown sugar, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the browned butter. Stir until peaches are thoroughly coated. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Spread cooked peach mixture on top of baked cookie base.
5. Crumble remaining dough mixture on top of peach layer. Bake 32 to 35 minutes or until dough is set and light golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
6 .In small microwavable bowl, heat remaining 1 tablespoon browned butter uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until melted. Stir in powdered sugar and water. If necessary, microwave uncovered on High 5 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle on top of bars. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
View the original video here: Pillsbury – Brown Butter Peach Crumble Bars.